Sunday, October 12, 2008

Changes

In the last three weeks there have been a few changes in my life. I have applied at William Rainy Harper Community College in Palatine, IL, I have also started walking more, not only out at the stores, but also here at the house on the treadmill. I have lost 3.5lbs this week, I have lost a total of 11.5lbs since moving to Illinois in August. It has been almost two months, and I feel great. I think that this is a good thing for me. I have set a goal, in a way, to lose between 20 and 30 lbs by the time I start school in January. I think it is an attainable goal, if i lose between 5 and 6 lbs a month, I should be able to reach that goal. I feel really good, even with the weight I have lost so far. I know that I have a lot more to lose, but I am getting there. I have been walking on the treadmill a quarter of a mile a day, just to get used to walking for any length of time. I want to be able to walk up to a mile on the treadmill in one go around. This, for me, is a move in the right direction.

Other than walking on the treadmill, I am looking forward to starting school in January. This past week I have gotten things in order to register for classes. On Tuesday my aunt and I went to Harper's open house, we attended three seminars; Business and Social Sciences, Accessing Accommodations and Services for Students with Disabilities, and Financing Your College Education. All three were wonderful seminars. I learned a lot, as well as got a lot of information, all of which I haven't gotten to get through yet. I am now just waiting for my mom to finish her part of my FAFSA and that will be ready to submit. I have submitted everything that I need to submit so far to the school. I have requested my ACT scores, transcripts from high school as well as my online classes, and also my IEP paperwork. I have to fax some medical releases this week to my GP doctor as well as my former Orthopedic doctor. Basically what I need that for is so I can get some type of disability services at the college. So far everything seems to be falling into place.

Also this week I got my voter's registration card in the mail. I am so so excited about that. My aunt was as well.

I really don't think there is anything else that I wanted to post about. So I guess that is all for now.

No comments: